During a filmmaking career that spans from the 80’s to present day, Monty was one of Spike Lee’s first producing collaborators who co-produced Spike's films, She’s Gotta Have It, School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Crooklyn, Malcolm X and more.
- How can what you don’t know work to your advantage?
- What do talented producers look for when choosing directors?
- How can you develop your own “do or die” attitude and methodology?
- How can you choose the right project and director to work with?
- What are the red flags of a potentially bad filmmaking partnership?
Monty Ross will give you his straight-forward advice and candid anecdotes on all of the above in this extended interview on the realities of pushing film projects all the way through from concept to completion with limited resources.
Close the gap between filmmaking theory and filmmaking reality every Wednesday night. The back door to film school is now open.
The Double Down Film Show...Filmmaking Reality Starts Here!
Listen Live Every Wednesday 9pm-10pm E.S.T.
Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956
Listen To It Online Here: