On the next Double Down Film Show we’ll be cracking open the back door to law school to discuss some common legal issues that affect indie filmmakers with our featured guest, entertainment attorney, Andre Des Rochers, whose firm has represented a number of notable indie features, including director Lee Daniel’s hot new project, "PRECIOUS, Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire".
- At what point in production should you bring an attorney on board?
- How can you protect yourself in a partnership with collaborators?
- What is the attorney’s role in feature fundraising?
- What are some of the red flags of a bad distribution deal?
- How can you stay out of trouble when using music in your film?
The “Show” is only half the equation, the other half is the “Business”. Just capturing your vision on the screen is hard enough, but successfully seeing that vision all the way through to full distribution requires the input of a good attorney.
Find out what you most need to know to shepherd and protect your vision from concept to premiere…only on the Double Down Film Show.
The Double Down Film Show...Filmmaking Reality Starts Here!
Listen Live Every Wednesday 9pm-10pm E.S.T.
Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956
Listen To It Online Here: