After taking a week off, The Double Down Film Show is back this Wednesday, November 3rd with our special guest Writer/Director, Dan Schechter, whose next project is The Switch.
Dan is adapting the screenplay based on the popular Elmore Leonard novel. The Switch is actually a prequel to Quentin Tarantino’s, Jackie Brown, following the characters that were played by Sam Jackson and Robert DeNiro, but twenty years prior to the original story.
· How can writing parlay you into the DIRECTOR’S chair?
· What are the PROS AND CONS of casting big name talent?
· What are the challenges of writing for OTHER ethnicities?
· What are the most important keys to your ULTIMATE success?
· How can a big budget fall through DESPITE big names being attached?
Listen as we drill Hollywood’s new kid on the block, Dan Schechter, for the inside dope on all these questions and more.
***PLUS! – We’re gonna rap with friend of the show, D.P., Cliff Charles, about cinematography and his brand-new Master Class for aspiring D.P.’s.
Your favorite underground film class is back in session with more real talk about everything they don’t cover in film schools and books every Wednesday night.
Big Bad Swim Trailer
The Double Down Film Show Every Wednesday, 9pm - 10pm E.S.T. Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956 Stream Live: OR Subscribe or Download:
The Double Down Film Show
Every Wednesday, 9pm - 10pm E.S.T.
Call-in Number: (646) 929-1956
Subscribe or Download: