Monday, June 21, 2010

Ant's Sudden Absence

It's been more than a month since I last posted anything to this blog, so I know I know some of you that aren't on Facebook are wondering what happened. Although I usually try to keep this blog focused on film business I do want to share a two recent personal losses that have deeply affected Down and Dirty DV.

Firstly, on May 29th after a brave battle with pancreatic cancer, I lost my mother, Norma Elizabeth Artis (without whom there would be no Down and Dirty DV) at the age of 63.

She was a dedicated single mom who sacrificed many things to provide a better education and opportunities for me that have in turn allowed me to help so many others better educate themselves and create career opportunities. She was so proud. I'm sad she won't get to see all that I know Down and Dirty DV will become.

Norma Artis 1946-2010


Then 2 weeks to the day mom passed, I lost my most dog, Shaft, who's been my most loyal companion, "first child", confidant (Shaft never talked) and protector for the last 14 years.

Shaft Artis 1996-2010

So needless to say, it's been a very rough season in the Artis household, so Down and Dirty DV operations have been minimal for awhile now while I try to begin to get back to "normal" (eventhough that word can't possibly hold the same definition for me moving forward). I don't have the words to describe how much I will miss them both and the incredible void I feel in my life and home now.

Thanks to everyone for the kind emails and words of support. They are appreciated. Please continue to be patient as I deal with things, but look for updated posts to this blog starting again soon...The world don't stop. I got's to keep keepin' on.

No comments: