I haven't forgotten my U.K. peeps, though. Here's a new short film festival run by the good people at Aesthetica Magazine.
Aesthetica Short Film Competition
The Aesthetica Short Film Competition is open for entries! Leading the search for filmmakers who are driving the genre of short film forward through inspirational and innovative works the competition provides an opportunity for both new and experienced filmmakers to have their work broadcast to a wider audience. All genres of film are being accepted: drama, documentary, music video, animation, satire, comedy, artists' film and anything else you can think of!
This award offers winners and runners-up a fantastic prize package, including:
- Screenings of your film at: The National Media Museum (Bradford), Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival (London), Glasgow Film Festival, Kerry Film Festival (Ireland), Glimmer: Hull Film Festival, Project Space Leeds and on the Aesthetica website.
- £500 first prize (apx. $800), £250 runner-up (apx. $400).
- 12 months membership with Shooting People.
- Weekend course with Raindance.
- Collection of film books from Wallflower Press.
- Winner and 10 runners-up to be included on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers.
Films should be up to 25 minutes long.
For detailed guidelines and entry visit http://www.aestheticamagazine.
Deadline 30 April 2010