Thursday, November 5, 2009

Star Wars Fans Gotta See This...

Just for my Star Wars geeks, here's a little seen behind-the-scenes photo of twin Princess Leias from Gizmodo.com. During a break in shooting on Return of the Jedi. Carrie Fisher and her stunt double, Tracy Eddon, are soaking up some rays and no doubt a million adolescent (and post-adolescent) Star Wars geek fantasies.

(I've repeatedly tried to convince my wife that the Princess Leia bikini is what all the hot women are wearing on the beach, but she just won't take the bait. If only we lived on Tatooine!)


On a related note, I'm not sure if there are still tickets left in your area, but later this month I'm taking my six-year old Star Wars fanatic son to see Star Wars In Concert, which is a musical tribute to the film series featuring a full live orchestra playing those famous themes over Star Wars montages and perhaps, most intriguing for hardcore fans, they will also be displaying many of the original Star Wars props and costumes that have only previously been shown at a limited run at the Smithsonian museum almost a decade ago.


So it is a rare (and pricey) opportunity to see some scenes on a giant HD screen with live music and a classic museum exhibit. I'll let you know what I think of the show. At $82.00 a ticket though, we better both be wowwed and my son shouldn't stop smiling for at least a month!


Star Wars In Concert Trailer


No comments: